About Stow Creek
Stow Creek offers a beautiful setting with woodlands, pristine wetlands and other natural areas.
Stow Creek dates back to January 19, 1748, when it was formed as one of six precincts in the newly-created County of Cumberland. It was formally incorporated as a township on February 21, 1798.
Columbia Township was formed
on March 12, 1844, from portions of both Hopewell Township and Stow Creek
On April 9, 1929, portions of the
township were taken to create Shiloh.
On October 1, 1924, the New Jersey Legislature officially changed the name of the township from "Stoe Creek" to "Stow Creek".